If you’re relocating to Nashville, Cooke Realty Partners can help you find the best homes available. Cooke Realty Partners are Nashville Real Estate Agents that can help you find the home of your dreams.
Nashville, the state capitol, is in the heart of Middle Tennessee. Known around the world as Music City, it has a diverse population, a strong business environment, a fascinating cultural life, professional sports teams, and a comfortable standard of living. It is a magnet for tourists, conventions, relocating companies, and new hi-tech industries. It is surrounded by lovely bedroom communities, farms, lakes and state natural areas.
While Nashville’s country music roots and recording industries are well-known, newcomers discover that it has the world-class Schermerhorn symphony house, the Tennessee Performing Arts Center, the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Cheekwood Botanical Garden & Museum of Art, opera, ballet, Broadway shows and local theater productions. Nashville is also known as The Athens of the South, not for its full-scale replica of the Parthenon, but for its large number of institutions of higher learning—Vanderbilt University, Tennessee State University, Belmont University, David Lipscomb University, Fisk University, Meharry Medical College, Nashville State Community College, and many more. Sports fans enjoy the Nashville Predators hockey team and the Tennessee Titans football franchise.
Just about everything in and around Nashville is short drive, as it is a crossroads between three major interstate systems. This contributes to the area’s ability to draw and retain large corporate employers like Nissan, and HCA. In fact, Nashville is a healthcare hub, with both for-profit and teaching hospitals.
Davidson County Utility Numbers
- NES (Nashville Electric Service): 615-736-6900
- AT & T: 888-947-1134
- Peidmont Gas: 615734-0665
- Metro Water: 615-862-4600
- Comcast Cable: 615-244-5900
Change of Address
Change of Driver’s License
Additional Numbers for Davidson County Residents
- Police (Non emergency): 615-862-8600
- Fire: 615-327-1300
- Licenses / Registration: 615-862-6050
- Tennessee Government Information: www.Tennessee.gov
- Drivers License Information: 615-741-3954
- Emissions Testing Hotline: 615-399-8995
- Register of Deeds: 615-862-6790
- County Clerk: 615-862-6050
- Voters Registration: 615-862-8800
- The Tennessean Newspaper: 877-436-3302
- Metro School Information: 615-259-8400
- Board of Education: 615-741-2966
- Garbage (Davidson Co.): 615-862-8971
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce: 615-743-3000